Saturday, November 10, 2007

Quiet Time

Hello everyone.  Just checking in.  I know it's been a couple days.  It's quiet here .  The weather has been cold.  I don't remember it being quite this cold this time last year.  It's welcomed though and again, so is the beautiful changing of the leaves on the trees.

Mom and Dad are foot loose and fancy free, traveling for a few days.  Driving of course. For as long as I can remember, Dad always enjoyed taking road trips...whether it was a drive to Philly or a day trip to the unknown. Most of the time the "trips" weren't planned. Mom would wake us up on a Sunday morning and tell us we weren't going to Sunday school. That in itself was always exciting!! Then we'd venture off somewhere.  I still wonder if Dad knew where he was taking us each time...or he would just drive until he stumbled upon something that he thought would be kid AND parent friendly.  I told Mom the other day how thankful I am, that my father had that time to spend with us as a family.  I can't imagine how those adventures would have been without him.  They are very special memories and my fondness of them gives me warm fuzzies all over.

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night, and loved it.  There are too many good lines from it to quote. However, one of my favorites is..."Do what you love, forget the rest..."  (Ummm...in the movie he doesn't actually say forget. He says the f-word....shhhhhhhhhh).  Anyway, do what you love and NEVER forget that!

I hope today finds y'all content, healthy and grateful for the moments.  Much love xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

 

Please Say Prayers For:

* Nathan he is back at home, continuing to win the battle.* Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * MsPammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence but continues to fight and win the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend, Irene :-)

Anonymous said...

Do what you love...  great advice.  Glad you are okay...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))Thoes are certianly good memories to cherrish.That is good that your parents can still do that.We used to do that when I was little.It was fun.I never heard of that movie before.Glad you liked it.Have a ncie day.

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing from you, nice for you to have some quiet time. {{}}
I will post on Monday, be sure you drop by for a visit then. I always love seeing a comment from you, but seldom do, but understand you have lots going on.
Have a blessed Sunday.
As always you are in my prayers.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I hope your parents have a great time. I love hearing about others memories as a child. Your parents sound so awesome. How are you feeling? You sound so chipper, that is nice. (((((((hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

It's freezing here!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, hello...I just returned from Cumberland, Md this evening. I left early saturday morning and on one of the mountains on the way up there was a dusting of snow....so its just around the corner everyone.....snow, let it snow... the trees were still filled with color.....it was rainy, but of cours beautiful.... I enjoy that mountain ride....looking at God's beautiful creation....that so many people take for granted!!!!!Take time to enjoy the world!!!!Love Pammy