Friday, April 27, 2007

The Verdict Is In

Finally, we have an answer!  The pain Rene has been experiencing in her ankles/feet is being caused by Gout.  Here's the best definition I could find in easy to understand terms:

Gout is one of the most painful rheumatic diseases. Gout results from deposits of needle-like crystals of uric acid in connective tissue, joint spaces, or both. These deposits lead to inflammatory arthritis, causing swelling, redness, heat, pain, and stiffness in the joints. Gout accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritis.

I'm including a link if you want more information about the treatment and such:
http://arthritis.about.com/od/gout/ss/informationgout.htm

Yes, it is completely treatable!  I don't know how you're feeling, but I am feeling relieved.  Rene sounds great!  Be thankful for prayer answered.  I know I'm not a doctor, but I had already resigned myself to the fact that it was probably more cancer. I bet alot of you thought the same.

So, here's the timeline of events.  Some time soon Rene will get a huge dose of cortisone in her IV.  She'll also be given oral anti-inflammatory meds and Loritab (a narcotic) for pain.  Tomorrow morning the Infectious Disease(s?) doc will come and check her out, and if she gives the OK, Rene will be able to head home tomorrow. Yeah or as my cousin put it WoooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I know you're anxious to have Rene back on this journal page.  Maybe tomorrow night!

Thank you for your prayer, thank you for support, thank you for your love.  We are so blessed!

Love,
Pamela

No comments: