Saturday, April 21, 2007

Blessings

I'm sitting in my backyard.  It is a beautiful day.  The sun is bright, but not too warm.  I can't see the kids but I can here them.  They are just on the other side of the six foot high, cedar privacy fence jumping on the trampoline.  They sound so happy, carefree.  It's nice to live life that way.  Life is a blessing.  I know we all have moments everyday when we wish something could be different or better but the fact is if you are reading this you probably live a life full of blessings you fail to recognize.  I know I do.  Take some time today and think of the ways you are blessed.  Then, take a little more time and try to find the blessings in the things that are not so great.

I wouldn't be typing in this journal if my sister was not in the hospital.  In fact, most days I feel too busy to even sit down and read Rene's entries.  I'm not too busy now, and now I see how important this is.  I've never considered myself to be particularly good writer, yet I somehow continue to find the words to put here.   Writing to you has become a blessing.  My sister inspires me.  

Rene is tired and feeling a little discouraged today.  Both of her lungs have begun to collaspe.  One is worse than the other.  They are doing some treatments to hopefully "pop" her lungs back out.  Rene remains optimistic.  Earlier she said, "my lungs are going to pop back out because I told them to."  Sounds like Rene, huh?

Have a blessed day!
Love,
Pamela



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated Pammy! We love you for it (as does Rene), and you are most certainly her greatest blessing.

I love you!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey Pamela - Rene can't wait to see what you are writing here! I saw her again today and she really looks great! You would never guess what was going on with her. Our girl scout troop met today and went to the recycling center. That was interesting! The lady there made you feel as if you had better recycle or else! Then we went back to the house and I told the girls that Miss Irene was not feeling well and had to be in the hospital for a little while - that was the first time (except when they are eating) that they were all quiet at the same time. So, each girl made her a get well card. Then, after our girl scout project, I called Irene at the hospital and each girl spoke to her briefly and told her how much they missed her! Ashley and I brought the cards over later and we are just getting back from a great visit. There was laughter and hugs (and maybe even a quick tear or 2 as the cards were read and then lovingly hung in the window by Irene's mom and Ashley), a brief serious note and then much more laughter! I'll be back tomorrow to bring her some music and stamping supplies! I haven't known her as long as some of you have but I can tell you that I love her just as much. You each are precious to her and your endless support is vital. Keep up the prayers, cards, flowers, and phone calls! Love, Julie Brown

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thank you for the friendship and love you have poured out onto my sister, friendship is not measured in years but in quality time spent.  Youare a wonderful friend.

Blessings,
Pamela



Rach,

You know, I only let people that I love a lot call me Pammy!  I love you too!