Monday, April 23, 2007

Nothing new

Not much news today.  Rene slept most of the day today and she was headed back to sleep when we hung up the phone about an hour ago.  I asked her if she's dreaming, and she said sometimes.  So I told her to dream about us (me and Rene) sitting around enjoying conversation and just laughing and being silly.  She promised she would.

She now has an infection in her blood.  I personally think the hospital is making her sick.  She went in feeling good, and now she has all kinds of things going on. For those of you who don't know me very well, that was an attempt at humor. Seriously, my mother said that the hospital staff has been so friendly.  Mom says she knows the names of everyone working on that floor.  She's quite the social butterfly.

I'm falling asleep as I type, I better turn in.

Blessings,
Pamela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,
My blessing for today.  I hope it provides some help.  I use this as a meditation after a stressful day.
My heart rises and falls in time to each breath I take.
Each breath brings expansion and contraction of some aspect of my life.
I breathe in love and breathe out hate
I breathe in calm and breathe out stress
I breathe in acceptance and breathe out the need to judge
I breathe in patience and understanding and breathe out confusion
I breathe in joy and breathe out sadness
I breathe in compassion and breathe out anger
Each breath lightens my daily burden and fills me with love and happiness.

Feel free to add your own.
Love,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,
BTW.  I reserve the right to call you Pammy too.  I think anyone who babysat for you and diapered you can have that right.  And the funny thing is, I'm only a couple of years older than you.  (I wish)
Love,
Cousin Marsha

Anonymous said...

Marsha,

A few years ago, I heard some one say that before her feet hit the ground every morning she prays that she will washed of everything that is of her, anything selfish, anything unloving, anything unkind, and be filled with a love of God that can shine the entire day through.

I try to remember that every morning when I get up.

Love,
Pam

P.S.~Of course you can call me Pammy, as I said, it is a special privilege that only those I love and have known me for a very long time have.