Sunday, April 22, 2007

Long day

I know it's late, forgive me.  Today was a hard day.  Rene was in a lot of pain most of today.  It's hard to hear her like that, but I have to remind myself it's harder for her than me.  I want to be someone she can lean on no matter what.  No matter the pain, the frustration, the disappointment, I want to help her bear it.  She would do it for me, in a heartbeat.

The good news?  When mom and dad left the hospital today, mom said it seemed like the pain meds were working and for the first time today Rene was eating.  That's progress. 

Keep praying for wisdom on the part of the doctors and for patience and understanding for the rest of us.  It's hard to sit around and wait for answers or returned phone calls.  We all love Rene, we want to know right now.  Rene doesn't have all the answers, neither do her doctors.  Sometimes the best thing we can do is just be patient and wait.  I know it's hard, I'm doing it too.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Take it on with spirit, with strength, with appreciation, for Rene.

Sweet dreams,
Pamela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pam for the updates. Waiting isn't the easiest. I am thinking about you as well as Mom and Dad. I hope that you guys are able to provice Irene with the strength and encouragement she needs. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you being far away. Irene talks about you and the kids so often. Thinking of you and sending my love.

Chris from TX

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!  Thanks so much for keeping us updated as to what's going on.  It's hard for me not to run right down there and hug her, so I can't even imagine how hard it is for you.  Please know that I am here for all of you if you need anything.  I love your sister dearly and she is blessed to have such a wonderful sister and family to support her as well as all of her friends.  

Hang in there and give me a call if you need to talk!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm here for you too! You and Michael have been in my prayers.  I pray that you will both gain strength in the knowledge that there are many people lifting you up in prayer.  Come over and hang out sometime!

Love,
Pam




Hi Chris,

I feel like I know you.  Thank you for the love and friendship that you show Rene everyday.  You are great!

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,
I didn't get to talk to Rene today as she was asleep everytime I called.  My prayer for the day was posted, but somehow ended up somewhere in cyberland.  
May the One who blessed our ancestors, grant insight to you all, my dear little cousins, and Aunt Lorna and Uncle, and especially Rene.  Grant love and strength to all of us.  Let Your spirit rest upon all who are ill and comfort us.  May we soon know a time of complete healing, a healing of the body and of the spirit, and let us say, Amen.
I'm only a phone call away.
Love,
Cousin Marsha