Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Disclaimer

I know all who love me mean well, but SOMETIMES...

It makes me laugh when people ask me how I am.  It goes a little something like this...how are (pause, gulp) you?

It makes me laugh when my mother is on the phone talking about my cancer.  She whispers as if, I don't know I have it.

It makes me laugh when people say I don't look like I have cancer.  I don't think I look like I have cancer either.  Ummm...what does cancer look like anyway??

It makes me laugh when people look at me like I'm a ghost.  As though I might just fall out on the floor and die right in front of them.

It makes me laugh when people complain about stubbing their toe.

It makes me laugh when my mother tells me to wear sun block or buckle my seat belt.  Will that really increase my chances of survival here??

It makes me laugh when people are amazed that I can still get a date, down a few shots, and do a line dance.

It makes me laugh that others can't laugh in the face of cancer, even though I can.

It makes me laugh realizing others may not laugh at this humor.

Y'all do realize this IS funny!!  xoxoxoxoxox

 

*** Please keep  Nathan, Ms Bobby (she had a second biopsy, and has not started any treatment yet.), Ms Pammy, Lenore, and Trish in your prayers. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Prayers for Ms Cathie and Mr Don.

*** Prayers for Heather and Izzy in her tummy.  Baby Izzy needs to fatten up before she arrives in May!!!!!!!

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
~Frank Herbert, Dune~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!  Have I said that lately?  Your humor and spirit are remarkable and I am so glad to hear it!!!!!  Anyway, guess who I saw tonight??????  PA.....that's right the one and only Paul Alexander!!!!!  HE is so darn cute!  Anyway, he asked about you and I told him all is well, you have and will outlive everything and of course he was like how?  And, I said you're amazing spirit and belief and of course your need to fix me in life.....LOL!!!!!  It was great seeing him.  Of course, I was at the Greene Turtle and after a few rum and cokes........I need to go to bed!!!!  Anyway, there is much to talk about sister.......if you haven't checked your email, you need to.............the insurance guy.  3 calls tonight, one while he was out with the boys.  I don't get it!  AND, I received 110% confimation that I will be in Los Cabos in May!!!!!!  WAHOO, Mexico look out..........especially the cabana boys!!!!  LOL!!!!  We need to talk.  I am glad all is well.  Wish you were here!  Can't wait to see you and hug you again.  Oh and did I mention Paul DJ's in Frederick every Friday night?  Yeah~ I got his business card.....ha!ha!  Business card!!!!!

Hug and love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

You know they might not be able to laugh histerically when they know just how much you do! I love you. When you are ready for Texas let me know cause it will be  fast and fun times.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to come to Texas!!!  I'm ready to come to Texas!!!  Do we have bail money??  I love you Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!