Friday, November 17, 2006

Status Quo

I'll bet you've been wondering where I've been all day haven't you?  Oh that's right....most of you actually work or have real lives!!  Ha ha!  I was actually awake and out of the house early.  I had a blood draw and weigh in and potassium check and all that other good stuff just to make sure the cancer was still there and I was still alive.  Guess what?  Status Quo.  Nothings changed enough that I needed to be admitted.  Although, you should know.  I've learned my lesson.  Every week now, when I do go to the hospital for my "checks". I bring a bigger than normal "purse".  It neatly tucks away all the items I may need should the good doctors decide I need to camp out for a few days.  You know...phone chargers, a brush, razor, People magazine, tweezers, my jammies, an extra bottle of water.  Hey better to be prepared than to be in those terrible hospital gowns with your hiney hanging out, right?!!!!!!

This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the feeling of Fall. The crisp, cool air. The beautiful changing color of the leaves...even the smell.  Sigh...that's of course why I included that amazing picture of the trees.  Originally, I was going to take pictures in the backyard of our trees.  However, my digital camera seems to be having malfunctions.  It keeps saying I need new batteries.  Yes, I changed the batteries!  What am I stupid??  Don't answer that!  I changed the batteries, and it is still saying the batteries need to be changed.  I tested the batteries in two other places....it worked fine.  It's the camera!  HELP!!  Ohhh I already tried cleaning the little chambers where the batteries sit per Cassie's suggestion.  If anyone else has any suggestions please send them this way!  I have some very important little people coming to visit this Sunday. I would like to take an abundance of pictures of them!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's Friday and as many of you know I have a dinner date with my parents. I'll let you know who picked the restaurant and how the food was upon returning!!!  Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey  how was your night out last night?  My Friday was same ol' except with Cindy's daughter Kate here all weekend, Kevin (her oldest) had some surgery done so she is hanging with Aunt Mamie!  Life is good!  4 kids under the age of 7!  Needless to say I hit the pillow at 9!  Missed Las Vegas...thank goodness for TIVO!

Hope your fall day is beautiful.  We are cold and crisp here today.  will take the little ones for a manicure so their nails will be beautiful!

thinking of you!  Love, me

Anonymous said...

Aunt Mamie -

I don't know how you do it....and manicures too!!  How fun!!!!!! How is Kevin?  He is in my prayers.  And so are you with that full house!

The weather here has been amazing. If we don't talk before Thanksgiving, have a wonderful Turkey day with your family.  I cannot wait to see you in December!

Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you are home and not in the hospital! =)

Um, what about Dots and Reese Cups added to your oversized purse?
Oh wait a tick! That's MY job to provide the goodies. *hehehe*
*kiss*

This is MY favorite time of the year too.  Ultimate favorite.  I knew there was another reason why we got along so well and loved each other. *hug*

Stay strong as you are; we're all here holding your hand and walking tall with ya!

<3
~Red~

Anonymous said...

Did someone say chocolate???

xoxoxoxox
Irene