Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The official introduction to my journal...

I know you're wondering about the title of my journal.  It's not an invitation, and it isn't me being hopeful for a meal!  It's a spin off from a song by Chris Rice.  My sister told me the song reminded her of me.  I've since heard the song at least 40 times.  I have yet to listen to it without crying.  As far as I know, he wrote the song for his wife who died.  It's a beautiful song and I will include the words here once I am done babbling. 

Each time I hear the song, I picture my sister singing...and I suppose I am thinking she is thinking that one day she's going to be living without me.  That's when my tears start.  I'm not certain if they are selfish tears. Or if they are simply tears of sadness and worry.  I just know that I can't imagine my life without her, so I hate to think that she has to ever think of it even for a moment.

Pamela if you are reading this I love and respect you more than you will ever know.  I want to grow up and be just like you.  Thank you for breathing for me when the pain is too much for me to bare and thank you for truly being the wind beneath my wings. This battle, this journey would be impossible without your strength.

Anyone else crying??

Here are the words to the song. When you are done reading, PLEASE keep reading because I am going to explain to all of you who aren't so computer savvy how you can comment (blog) back to me on my journal and keep up with my day to day life!  Got it??

Breakfast Table

Is it a million miles to heaven
too far to hear my lonely song?
Or is it just my imagination I hear you humming along?
I only hold you in my dreams now.
I wake up with cold and empty arms.
Lord help me get through this long night without you ,
And soon as the morning comes,
Soon as the morning comes.

Save me a seat at the breakfast table.
Save me a dance around the Milky Way.
And save me a thousand years to whisper in your ears.
All I've wanted to say.
Save me a smile and an angel's feather.
Save me a walk down the streets of gold.
And baby,we'll change our minds just like old times...
And maybe we'll just fly away.
Or maybe we'll stay.

My lucky doll, you're in heaven before me.
You were my taste of heaven here.
Remember we loved to talk about it, we couldn't wait to get there.
So you go on and find your way around now.
But remember I'm here missing you.
Do me a favor and say hey to Jesus!
And tell him I'm missing him too.
Tell him I'm missing him too.

Then save me a seat at the breakfast table.
Save me a dance around the Milky Way.
And save me a thousand years to whisper in your ears.
All I've wanted to say.
Save me a smile and an angel's feather.
Save me a walk down the streets of gold.
And baby, we'll change our minds just like old times.
And maybe we'll just fly away.
Or maybe we'll stay.

Now, for all of you that are tired of playing  "phone tag" with me and would rather see how I'm doing via web or have forgotten the phone "rules" :) and would rather comment here on my journal.  Or for those of you that would like to do both, just look below at how to blog or leave comments.  Even on my really bad days, at some point I'll get up and go on the computer. So, I'll be able to add a journal entry to let you know how I'm doing and I'll be able to read your words of love and encouragement...hint, hint!!!!

That's it for now!!

Should I not see tomorrow, I'll be saving you a seat at the breakfast table ok?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cry.  Can everyone read this?  If you need some laughing, I have a suggestion.  Try this, go to www.skittles.com/advertising/index.jsp , click on the word trade next to the bunny.  

Okay, if you tried it and didn't think it was funny.  Now picture Rene watching hysterical and see if it makes you laugh.

I'm not very skilled at writing.  I'll try to keep up here.  By the way, God created you to be you, not me.  I love you just the way you are.

Anonymous said...

My dear, Rene...reading your thoughts truly take me back to a time when Madonna and Scandel were playing in the background.  To me, talking with you is always on the SHS track on a humid summer night, stretching before a practice with a Big Gulp and some Pringles.  Even 19 years later, as I read your thoughts I think of those days, when life was mentally crushing and yet, still the road was so clear ahead of us!

I have thought of you the past few months..missed trying to get together with you when you were in town.  Hopefully we will meet up with each other again soon!

Will look forward to your blogs and plan on writing with you through this time in your life.  I guess that is how true friends work...they will come out of the wood works to support a friend at anytime, no matter how many years have passed or how things were left.  Looking forward to tomorrows thoughts...
peace

Anonymous said...

You are so full of courage Irene! I miss seeing you at the stamping table! Just say the word and I will bring it to you! Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Initially as I opened this email I saw that it was a journal.  You've always been great with keeping a journal as well as offering one to those that do not own one (Giving me that purple one years ago and I am now using it as my pregnancy journal *YAY*).  

You have an amazing talent of expression, ReeKnee.  As I began to read the entry, I started to cry.  Charlie came over and held me and we read together your entire entries.  I did not read the lyrics as I wanted to music to accompany.  Very sad song, I could not stop crying.

I love this idea of a journal and I hope you continue this for years to come.  We will all be able to laugh, cry and enjoy your silly butt!

I love you more than words can say.  What you said about Pam is so touching.  I REALLY began crying at the last paragraph.  Wind Beneath My Wings is one of my favorite grieving songs and you used it well.

With Love Always,
~RED~

Anonymous said...

Oh , my my my ...I love you Irene. Make sure my coffes ready when I get there....kinda grumpy with out it. What a beautiful beautiful song.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was laughing.  My dog takes Benedryl, 2 at a time and it doesn't do a thing to all 13 pounds of him.  It isn't fair that you love your cleavage, since I have none to speak of.  I only knew about one of your tattoos, so I guess you're gonna have to show and tell next week when we get there.  You don't have to save me a seat at the breakfast table, for when my time comes, I'll be sleeping till after lunch.  I'll meet you there.  I won't bring my drugs; yours are better, and you can't take them anyway.  We are sooooooooooo looking forward to Thanksgiving with you.  We are bringing Max, so you better have a talk with your dog about contraception.(Just kidding, he's neutered, but still trying)  
I don't know if you sent this to Meira so I am going to forward this to her.  Please add her to your list.  She is always asking about you.  
8 more days till we see ya'll (do I have to say that in the south?)
Love You Lots!  Your Oldest Cuz

Anonymous said...

I am blessed by all of you. My friends and family. Thank you is an understatement. I love you all.

xoxoxox
Irene

Anonymous said...

Save me a seat.  Or if I get there first, I'll save you one.  Who knows what will happen tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sugar sent me to visit you... and then I read your entry directing me to your first entry, so here I am reading the words to this lovely song. I found the YouTube link if anyone wants to hear him sing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hn9HzAlTKk

The bond between you and your sister will last forever. Bless you both. bea

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry.  I've never heard that song before but you can bet I will be looking for it.  

Anonymous said...

Helo.  My name is Gina.  I was encouraged to stop over and visit by my friend Sugar.  Your first entry...made me cry.  Cried more as I listened to Chris Rice singing on YouTube.  There is great power in the words of prayer.  Adding my voice to the voices of many.  Take care.
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney

Anonymous said...

Like Gina, I arrived via Sugar.  Glad I did.  Yes, you made me cry and I thank you for that.  Well, I've done as asked and read your first entry, now I'm returning to what you're doing NOW, today, in your incredibly brave, inspiring life.  If anyone was meant to have a Journal ...  xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Guido, at Northern Trip, encouraged me to come by to visit.  I am enjoying getting to know you through your journal, and will look forward to continue to read more.  You have a great attitude, and I wish you the best.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey.  Wow, I never read your first entry, not sure why.  I am going to add you to my alerts and start reading you regularly!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Hey there =)
I'm new to your journal and now have you on alerts and will be back often... this entry was so very touching... the song is beautiful... I never had the chance to meet my FIL he passed away from cancer before I met my husband...My aunt also passed away from cancer in 06' , she was only 43...she was like a sister to me...a best friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you on this journey my friend....I am so glad to have found your journal.

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Yes,I am crying,now........
I am glad you have your sis to 'walk' with you...
God Bless You...
connie