Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Brand New Day ~

A close friend of mine constantly reminds me that the sun will eventually shine again, even when I can't see beyond the clouds.  I know this.  I really do.  I am the glass half full girl!  I do need that reminding sometimes though, that extra push.  I am grateful for it....and extremely happy the sun is shining so brightly today!

I am feeling much better today.  I love my Friday night "dates" with my parents.  However, it never fails that I splurge a little too much and get sick from whatever it is I eat.  I should really choose better foods that I know my stomach will be happier about.  It's just that well....it's terribly difficult to do that with so many great choices on a menu.  Ya know????????????????????

My mother is an amazing lady. All my life I used to think I could "do it" without her. That was a bunch of immature pride though....oh and a whole bunch of stubborn. It would be near impossible.  Often on my bad days, she will make me hot tea.  She always puts it on my night stand and then asks me if I have taken anything for the pain, knowing I haven't.  She tells me to take "a pill"; I listen. Then she says something silly about the cancer and we laugh. There's enormous comfort somewhere in there. Before the effects of the pain meds kick in, I always fall back asleep. I love you Mom!!!

I'm off to get new batteries for the camera and maybe I'll have someone look at it to see why it isn't playing nicely with me! 

My sister and the kids will be here this evening!!!!!!!!!

More later.        xoxoxoxoxox

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strength our mothers have...what a wonder...who would have thought 20 years ago we would be idolizing them so much!  If only we didn't put them through so much hell...

anyway..have a wonderful time with your sister and family.  I am sure you will have so much to catch up with.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Make a great wish with that wishbone.

peace

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Did we put them through hell?? Oh yeah, I guess we did!!!  
Ahhh...those were the days!!!!! Laughing::::

Love & Hugs,
Rene

Anonymous said...

One day I'm hopeful my mother will grasp the concept that I am reaching out to her to have a loving and caring, yet fulfilling relationship.  I am older, alot less mature.  She is still just so mean, cold and negative.

I really want a relationship with her, it hurts to have a parent or both not have a relationship with you.  I won't get into it now.

You have an amazing Mother. She is so warm and caring, reaches out to us all.  She takes care of her little girl as a mother should.  You sure do have a shining star watching over you daily.  I love that you have her in your life.  She's sooo important for you.

Lets not forget your other friends and family too.  Hey, I saw the photos of the new home, think we could all move in and share duties of entertaining ReeKnee & Family? *LMAO*
I'll be down for vacation!  Heck I'll be on maternity leave on your birthday so we need to plan a getaway perhaps in addition to one KICK ASS BIRTHDAY PARTY!  My home open for your stay as always.

I love you more than yesterday
<3
~Red~

Anonymous said...

I know how much Mom means to you.  We both have that same realationship with our mothers. Sometimes I have to remind my mom not to over love me. :) It is nice to know that they will still take care of us even though we are all grown up. In due time it will be our turns to take care of them.  Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I miss you, I am about ready to make some reservations for Feb. Just let me know when and I will get it all planned. Love you bunches

Anonymous said...

I LOVE AND APPRECIATE MY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!
And my Mom loves y'all too!!

Can't wait to see you and your tummy Red!

Chris ~ we should probably just bring our own handcuffs to Vegas and save the cops the trouble!!