Sunday, November 26, 2006

Silence Is Golden, Or Is It?

Thanksgiving was absolutely amazing!! My family from Philadelphia drove in, my cousin Alan drove in from Florida, and my brother in law flew in too!  (You already knew my sister and the kids were here.)  Our family has not celebrated Thanksgiving "like that" in years!!!!!!!!   It was FABULOUS, and I only cried twice.

Yesterday, "Philadelphia" had to make their journey back home.  After we said our goodbye's....which I have to mention are never easy these days.  My parents, and brother in law, sister, and the kids, headed over to the lake for some fishing.  Me....I started some laundry, began packing for my month of vacation, and I took a much needed nap. Hence, that first picture up above.  Ha ha ha!!

Did you catch my words in the paragraph above?? MONTH OF VACATION!!!!!  I am going back home with my sister and Dave and the kids for all of December. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am extremely excited.  I can hardly stand it.

OK back to Thanksgiving. I've hardly ever spent any quality time with my younger cousins. I can't describe what it felt like to get to know them. To listen to each of them talk and laugh.  Watch their personalities unfold so to speak. I truly enjoyed myself. It was simply just fun.

There was much reminiscing and plenty of laughter. And for a brief moment of time, it really seemed like we were all oblivious to anything else surrounding. Except, what was happening inside the four walls of our Thanksgiving weekend.

I will ALWAYS cherish these memories.

So much to be thankful for, so many blessings.

I love y'all so very much.

Packing to do!

12:29 pm ~ Dave is packing up the Suburban.  Shamefully, two suitcases and one "bag" is full of my STUFF.  We're outta here!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin~We keep in touch so randomly but it is ALWAYS a pleasure. Congrats on being published.  I always check your site out to see what your "lens" is shooting.  You, as always are amazing.  please take care of yourself.  I'm thinking about you.

xoxoxoxox
Irene