Saturday, June 9, 2007

What I Liked Best About My Birthday

* The Happy Birthday Song first thing in the morning.

* Receiving a HUGE box of Princess and Super Girl party supplies and "toys".

* Two hours before the birthday bash when Barbie came over with the
 So Co (Southern Comfort).

* All the girls getting their toe nails painted.

* The tiara's.

* Getting ready for the bash with the same excitement as getting ready for the prom.

* My beautiful and delicious birthday cake, made uniquely by my sister.

* The two candles I was able to blow out!

* Gerber daisies everywhere!!!!

* Dad bought me a drink!

* My father and David's "speech".

* Seeing all the faces of people who have known me since before I was walking.

*  MN, FC, JT and "Crawford"!!!!

* My 3rd drink...

* My 7th drink...

* And loosing count of the ones thereafter!  :)

* The Wiener Card from Uncle Gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* The celebration.

* The after party.

* The blessings and wishes....and all the love.


Once upon a time, I was concerned about how long I would live.  I worried I would never see another birthday.  Now, I realize it isn't important what number I make it to.  What is important is the way I've spent my moments living.

I want to thank everyone who "participated" in the celebration of my life yesterday. Everyone at the bash.  All those that called, emailed or sent me a text message  :). Anyone that said a prayer or wish for another day or healthy year for me.  I am amazingly and abundantly blessed by each one of you.  Sharing my life with you is a true gift...and the most important of them all.

Pamela and David ~ how do I ever begin to tell you how very much I appreciate and love you?!!!!! 

Goodnight. I LOVE YOUZ (ha ha - that is an inside joke!!)


PS ~ I'll add pictures from the bash just as soon as everyone sends me or emails me the pics they took!!!!!  HINT, HINT!
 



*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your meds kicked in?  Blank entry!  Or are you celebrating all over?!!!!  It was wonderful seeing you my friend!  I will send you a copy of my pictures when I can!

Much love and hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
You are a hero.I am far away from you,I am in China.
I am a doctor in China.En I am so sorry that my English is bad.I can not express myself exactly.
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there! Can't wait to hear all about it! Wow! China huh? Always knew you inspired farther than this circle of friends and family. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I will forever cry for missing your birthday.
Not sure how I will get over missing the most important day of each and every year.
This was the day I had been waiting on for since your last birthday.
I am crying now, still.
I'm glad it went well for you.
I love you.
I do hope to see you this week before you head home.

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly offended and displeased by your use of that trashy word. If you ever say it again, I will most surely find a quicker way of ending your life than the cancer has. Your cancer is really quite inefficient--stupid disease to have, really.

Yea.

Well, good to see you, enjoy the south, if at all possible, and maybe I'll see YINS some other time.

AHHH I feel dirty now. I used a word they say in Pittsburg. I have to go shower with acid to wash off the dirtiness.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FC

Anonymous said...

About time you commented FC!!!!!!!!!!  I love you more!  Ha ha!