Monday, June 11, 2007

CANCER

Do you think it's true that when people hear the word cancer they automatically see it, so to speak in big capital letters screaming death isn't far behind??  I read that in a book today.  It made me sad, because I really hope that isn't true.  I'd much rather think that when people hear the word cancer they think of words such as....fight and survivor.

Mom and Dad went back to South Carolina yesterday.  But, not before we had a HUGE brunch at the Officer's Club. It was delicious and I indulged with a Belgian waffle topped with strawberries and whipped cream. I'm so thrilled they were able to come for my birthday celebration.  My parents are fabulous, if you didn't already know.

The last two days have left me feeling yucky.  I'm having terrible stomach pains and it's been difficult to bend at the waist.  My tummy is even tender to the touch.  When I alerted Pamela, saying "something is wrong...."  She chuckled and said, "Well yeah, you have cancer".  Of course, I laughed.  My sister, she is always good for a laugh!!

I am again taking pain meds regularly.  It takes the edge off, but makes me extremely silly too!

Today I spent with Barb.  She's really excellent at walking slowly with me and making certain I am not over doing it.  We went to Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks (which was such a treat for me considering there isn't one in Anderson!!!!!) and the BIG news...to get hair cuts!! You should see the way I butchered my hair!!  I'm just kidding!  It is considerably shorter now.  I love it though!!  Barbi's looks great too!

My Aunt Gloria is having a "procedure" done tomorrow.  Please pray for her and our family.  I'll let you know how she is doing, as soon as I find out!

What I Enjoyed Most About Today:

* I woke up.
* I watched Sarah and Pamela doing Origami together.
* I got a kiss on the lips from Ellie.
* Daniel told me I was beautiful.
* Starbuck's and Barbi
* Listening to "old school" Prince.
* My FABULOUS new haircut!
* Old Navy's 50% off rack.

 Simple pleasures.   (Not necessarily in that order!!)

It's late.  I need to get some sleep.

I love y'all!!!!!!!



*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


                 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people are cautious when they hear the word CANCER. I think they are waiting to see how the person who has it responds to it. Then they know how to respond themselves. Maybe that is where some think that they are thinking that death isn't far behind. Not many people have the outlook on life that you do my friend. Not many could live the way that you do and enjoy the moments that you do believing that they face the very thing that will put them in their grave. You, my friend, have a wonderful outlook on life. You choose to live it rather than lay around wondering how death will come to pass. You choose to give life to others and have a positive outlook on life. Not many can do that. Which, to me, just proves again that you are one in a million. I am honored to have you in my LIFE. Love you. Julie

Anonymous said...

Jules ~ WOW...you sure do know how to make me cry.  Thank you.  I love you and miss you!!  See ya on Saturday!! xoxoxoxox