Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Unrealistic Phobia

I spent the beginning of the afternoon today conquering my fear of hammocks.  Ohhh stop laughing.  I'm serious!!  I had not been on hammock since I was in 6th grade...I think.

Pamela was teaching me how to get it on it without flipping myself over.  Which by the way wasn't my greatest fear about getting on the hammock.  The biggest fear was actually flipping myself over while some of her neighbors watched, laughing hysterically.  None of the above happened however!!  Instead, I balanced my weight, kicked my legs over and onto the hammock....and ahhhhhhhhh why didn't I do that sooner?!!!  The sun was shinning perfectly on me.  There was a bit of a breeze going on.  I was comfortable.  I was a happy camper.  But wait, it gets even better!! Ellie came outside to join me.  (I had heard that she likes lounging.)  So, there we were decked out on the hammock, catching some rays and loving the moment!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling good. I'm still coughing though. Walking in the humidity here isn't so good for the heart or lungs but I'm managing. My blood sugar has been excellent.  The new medicine for the gout seems to be doing it's thing.  I lost four more pounds.  Ohhh and I do still have cancer.  :)

Being with the Browning Bunch is always a magical time.  Thank God I have such a special family.

I'm off to bed.  All my love.

 2 more days until my 35th birthday!!!!


*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (she's having surgery Thursday.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw heck - we used to try to flip each other off of it! I think my sister actually hung on upside down for a time too! anyway - glad you were up to write - I needed something nice to read! I'm a teeny bit manic (OK so I AM) and having trouble sleeping. This will really suck tomorrow when I try to get out of bed - think of a hangover without the illness - just your body feeling like lead and needing toothpicks to hold your eyes open! Should be interesting when I make the kids lunches! Good thing I wear khakis and a polo shirt to work - could be a fashion nightmare (although a tiny part of me is screaming that khaki in and of itself is a fashion disaster)! I did start on your birthday card though but I set myself up to make 6 of them instead of just one! Ho-Hum. Girl scouts is tomorrow night and I forgot to call everyone. Hmmm wonder who will show? Ahhh anyhoo I think the medicine is kicking in now and I can try to sleep. Nighty Night!