Monday, June 4, 2007

We're Never Promised Tomorrow

A dear friend of mine called me on the way home from her grandfather's funeral. When her mother called her, he had just been diagnosed with a fast progressing cancer.  When her mother called a few days later, he wasn't well at all.  My friend spoke with him however, and thought he sounded ok. She contemplated what she should do next. Make travel arrangements to see him, tie up some loose ends at home, or wait until he was "really bad".  She even called her brother to see what he had decided to do.  The next phone call she received, was the one she was dreading.  Her grandfather had died. 

We talked about how extremely close they were and everything she would miss about him.  She laughed about how he would always send her short notes, and a check in the mail for her birthday...how he loved the beach and how much they enjoyed taking cruises together.  She cried when she spoke about how she let the time drift after his diagnosis and how she should have been there with him, before he died.

That made me so sad for her.

There have been lessons in my life I have learned the very hardest way.  I've held in my arms the very "example" of how quickly life can and does change. Don't be fearful of what could be.  Don't "what if" your days away.  Life is going to happen no matter how much you worry or contemplate your time!!!! Enjoy it while you can! Life is full of uncertainties.  We are not promised a day or a moment. Celebrate today. Live now, and do it without regrets.  Tomorrow may never come.

Thanks for coming here.  I love y'all very much!


*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (she's having surgery Thursday.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


No comments: