Monday, June 18, 2007

Frequent Flyer Miles

Phew!!  That was the shortest stay ANMED has ever gotten from me!  Thank God! I don't know if it is a good or bad thing that some of the staff knows me by face and name.  Or that my attending doctor walked into my room saying "Irene what's the problem, did you miss me??"  I couldn't ask for better care at a hospital!!!

As always, I am happy to be home.  Especially since I was released WITHOUT a new diagnosis or ailment! 

My mother was correct, (as Pamela mentioned yesterday) about what was causing the blood clots I was passing.  My blood is too thin.  The doctor was almost certain when he admitted me that's what the issue was.  However, since I am such a "unique" patient (unique = someone with medical problems up the wazoo!!!) he wanted to rule out the growth of any new tumors etc.  Let's thank God again!

The pain and coughing is par for the course.  That's all cancer stuff.  I don't like the reality of that. I'm sure I'll cry about it some time soon.  I haven't yet though.  I'm too thrilled that the blood I was passing was JUST from the Coumadin!

New subject....

I've now typed and retyped this paragraph a few times.  Here I go again. My sister is without a doubt a selfless, loving, caring, giving, nurturing person. Those adjectives are just for starters.  I truly cannot begin to convey to y'all who she is in my life or the security she brings me. She makes me want to be a better me.  She allows me to be the me I am.  She laughs with me when no one else seems tobe able to and her unconditional love is never ending. She even circles the airport twice, in morning traffic to make certain her little sister is being taken care of.  To which I must say, did not surprise me because that's who my sister is. An angel. A gift. My big sister.

The thought of leaving this world before Pamela does, completely wrecks me. (As I said in my very first journal entry)  I selfishly cannot imagine my life without her, and I painfully sit here thinking she must have similar thoughts when she is typing in my journal knowing I'm in the hospital again. Oh my, I can't stop my tears.  I love you Pamela, Thank you for being you.

I'm going to sign off for the evening.  BUT, not before I wish my FABULOUS brother in law, David a very Happy Birthday!!!!!!!  I love you Dave!! 

I love y'all too!

PS ~ If you took any pictures at my birthday party PLEASE email them to me!  I'd like to post them here on my journal!  I'm talking to YOU, MN!!!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your journal on AOL Main where you just made and entry. New to your journal. You will be added to my prayers. May God be with you in your hour of need. Janie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PAMELA TOO!!!!!!

~FC~

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think I could ever be that person you described.  I'm thankful God allows you to see me that way, it's all to his glory.  I know our time in this world is temporary, but even still it's painful to imagine it without you.  I take great comfort in knowing we'll spend an eternity together in heaven.  There are no tears there, that's a promise.  I love you more than you know.

P.S.-I love you too, Rach!

Anonymous said...

Man Rene, you and Pamela made me cry!  You know how I hate to cry!!!  I just downloaded the pictures...actually Lance did yesterday.  I will send them tonight or tomorrow.  I am sure that the doctors are so pleased to see your shining face come into the hospital each time, but you don't have to keep going in there with medical issues.  I bet that any of them would meet you for lunch or a movie!  That way they can still see your shining face but you don't have to be admitted!  Sounds like a plan to me!  I am so glad that you are home and so thankful that God is watching out for you.  Love ya--MN
PS The kids said to tell Aunt Rene hello!

Anonymous said...

       

Anonymous said...

MN ~ I was teasing!!  You can get the pictures to me whenever you have time!  I'm sorry about the tears.  I didn't mean to, honest!  Have I told you how happy I am y'all came to my party and how blessed I am that you are part of our family?
Love and hugs to you and the rest of the gang!!  AUNT RENE

Anonymous said...

Pamela ~ PLEASE stop...you are an incredible sister, mother, daughter, wife, teacher and friend.  Just deal with it, ok??  :)  I Love You Sister!

Anonymous said...

FC ~ It's been like 48 hours since we've spoken or I've heard my phone alerting me to a text.  What's up with that DAWG?!!  Ha ha! I love you tons!