Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wow, It's Been Four Days

I can't believe I let four days go by without writing.  I don't usually let more than two, because I know people worry.  SORRY!!  I've actually been feeling good.  There was the exception of some pain that knocked me out on Wednesday and some vomiting yesterday BUT I do feel good.

It's constantly busy here at the Browning's.  I'm not complaining.  It always makes for an adventure...and for scrap book entries for each of the kids.  That makes me happy.  Memories.

I went to riding with Sarah and Pamela yesterday.  It was some nice down time (well, after we sat in traffic) feeling like an extremely proud Aunt Rene and having some much needed laughter with my sister.  She's absolutely super woman if you ask me.  As selfish as this sounds, I cherish and take advantage of the moments I have alone with her.  Just my sister and I.

The Browning's are on a Cub Scout camping trip this weekend.  Ellie was convinced that "Aunt Rene does so camp".  I used to, even hiked through Israel, Masada and to the Dead Sea.  However, I  haven't in years...and have since developed a ummmmm....PRINCESS mentality.  I have to be honest...I love sitting outside...feeling the sun and the breeze.  BUT, I also love my hair dryer and a comfy bed.  Get it???  :)

I saw my friend Beth this past week and met her new baby, Lauren.  Up until now, I had only seen pictures of "Lo - Lo".  It's amazing how quickly babies/kids change...and a reminder of how important it is to pay attention and not take the time for granted.  Beth and I have known each other for 35 years.  We are ten days apart.  When we were little she used to bite me all of the time.  Her mother said that she always washed Beth's mouth out with soap...but it didn't matter.  She still did it.  We were hysterical when she told me her son Drew (3) was a biter.  We decided it's a trait that must be hereditary.  She's an excellent mother.  I'm certain she'll "figure" this one out.  After all, she stopped biting and carrying her blankie at 11 years old!  Just kidding!!  I think.

I'm spending the remainder of the day with Stephen...quiet time, pampering and dinner.  I'm sure I don't need to say I'm looking forward to it.  It's a given!!!

I'm behind on returning phone calls.  Please forgive me.  Something about the kids and that man makes me not want to miss a moment of being alive.

I heard I missed a GREAT Girl Scout meeting on Thursday.  I cried when I heard the message of the entire gang.  We have 14 girls now...but it sound like 50 when they were yelling into the phone for me!!  Jules I miss you.  I miss those girlies too.

I am going to close this for now.  I need to pack and get pretty.
I sure do love y'all and will write soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to hear you're feeling well at the moment, Irene

Anonymous said...

So glad you have been able to enjoy yourself!  That's wonderful.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are taking time off for yourself!  Take off as much time as you can, and have fun, fun, fun!  Don't write if you don't feel like it, or even return phone calls.  Those who don't understand are not your true friends anyway.  But yes, it is good too stay in touch.  Just don't overwhelm yourself.  I so know what that is like.  I have so many emails in my email box right now, LOL, as does John.  So anyway, continue to have your fun, and don't worry about writing in your journal for awhile, we'll still be here when you get back.  Love you,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I agree with Krissy's comment. Just have fun & enjoy!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))Just wanted you to know,I have been reading.Have a nice Sat.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying life and your visit... that is what you should be doing!!!  Sending prayers....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being out doors and feeling the warmth of sun and a breeze.  It reminded me of when I was about seven.  My sister and I had been quarantined because of an outbreak of measles.  It seemed forever we were sick and indoors and then finally the day came.  My mom laid a blanket out on the front lawn and gave us some books and toys to play with.  I felt like I was in heaven.  It was a beautiful day too.  Glad you are enjoying your family time!  God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Irene, I am so happy for you that you have been able to get out and enjoy the simple things in life with your family. A sisters love is so precious, I too am blessed to be able to share that special love with my sister. Have a wonderful week full of love.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Your on the verge of 4 days again...Love You!!!!

Anonymous said...

Uh yeah, it's been 4 days again.

Anonymous said...

Waiting on some great stories and wisdom!  What'cha been up to?

Love and hugs,
Michelle