Monday, October 22, 2007

Back In The South

I started writing this in the airport.  Would someone please donate a laptop or help me with a bake sale so I can raise some money?!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  I can barely even read my chicken scratch!

I simply hate goodbyes.  They suck.  Not two minutes before we got to the airport Ellie says, "Aunt Rene, are you going to cry?"  I respond, "I always cry when I leave Ellie".  She says, "Ummm yeah I know, that's why I asked."  Ha ha! That kid doesn't miss a thing!!

I love the Browning kids.  They are precious.  Now, as they get older I have the chance to know them better as individuals and establish an Aunt Rene relationship or "connection" with them.  What else can I tell you, other than I am selfish??!!  Should God take me tomorrow...I want each of them to have a distinctive memory of me, besides my cancer.

I already miss my sister.  Well, I missed her about 2.2 seconds after I boarded the plane.  I cried when the plane took off.  I also found myself taken back by how amazing the color of the leaves on the trees were from the sky.  WOW.

Yesterday, was the first Sunday in four weeks that Stephen and I didn't do coffee and go bowling.  Needless to say, we both woke up feeling sad and grumpy. Sigh...

Other "stuff"...

Pamela promoted "Ms Barb" to Aunt Barb.  Why not?!  She really is family, and the kids adore her.

There's a rumor that my Uncle Don and Uncle Gravy are coming here for Thanksgiving!  How cool is that?????????

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday with my oncologist. I still feel decent. Some coughing. Some pain, but I feel good.

I'll be back in DC in December.  : )

Check out the song Moments by Emory Drive.  It is awesome.

I'm off to bed.  I love y'all. Thanks for being patient with my lack of entries, and for continuing to read.

 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission), Krissy's husband, John, Jeannette, Ms Margie and Joyce (she's having surgery Friday). They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Brenda.

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq fighting the war.

 *** Please say prayers for Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go backto my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{ Irene }}} Glad you are well... too bad you couldn't be nearer to your sis always....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I live in Maryland, and was just noticing the change over in leaves the other day.  Was feeling a bit sad that I did not get an opportunity to do my yearly Skyline drive trip to take in the Fall.  This has been a wacky Fall though with the weather.  Glad you enjoyed your family time!  God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just stopping by to say hello.  By the way, you are not selfish for wanting to be close to them.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Being close to family is a good thing.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Love FC

Anonymous said...

I love you so much
I miss you so much
I can't wait to see you and hug you again.
Glad I got the chance to see you last week.
I am glad you can depend on me.
I love you.
xxoo
Your Red Forever

MD isn't the same without you, just wanted to put that in there ;o)

Anonymous said...

GLAD U MADE IT HOME SAFE.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Barb checking in.I love you, I can't wait for your rearrival back home....back home eh? Sounds good!!! Now if we can only get you to give up the Eagles....LOL

Anonymous said...

glad u enjoyed ur visit...too bad I DIDN'T GET 2 SEE U AT ALL......I AM GOING 2 C JOEL IN BALTIMORE THE 26TH WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!!IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM HER!!!!!!! WITH DINNER ALSO......YEAH JOEL!!!!!  PAMMY

Anonymous said...

Goodbyes are never easy....

I love the song Moments...the video is so touching!

Hugs
Terri