Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sometimes "Busy" Isn't So Good...

            

Apparently, my cancer has been just about as busy as I've been.  PET scan results weren't very good.  I go back on Monday for a CT scan and an MRI of my head.  Dr. Jennings is afraid the PET scan may have missed something.  My lungs are infiltrated now and my spine also.  He reassures me attitude is at least half the battle.  I agree, BUT oh sigh...

I stayed on the phone with my sister last night into the wee hours of the morning.  Three hours and 27 minutes we talked.  When we were saying our good night and goodbyes...we were both incredibly punch drunk.  To be quite honest, I think the majority of our conversation was giggling.

This is short, I know.  More tomorrow.  I love y'all.

 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is back at home again!), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission), Krissy's husband, John, Jeannette, Ms Margie and Ms Joyce (she's having another surgery on Monday). They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.

 *** Please say prayers for Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

In reading your entry, reminds me of conversations with my sisters.  We laughed so hard we cried.  Those are good memories!  Keep the faith and listen to your doctor! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Love you too sweetie. Sorry to hear the news, but keep hope & faith alive. Sending prayers up for you.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh Irene, sending a BIG HUG your way. I love you too!
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeeping on..continued prayers...
lyn

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this further relapse, Irene. Keeping you in thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Irene.....I have you in my prayers. Yes, attitude is half the battle. Keep being you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Guido spread his angel wings once again to send his fledgelings your way..he always knows when someone needs some cyber hugs.....I am at a loss for words-- for words seem inadequate enough to comfort you. Know that someone out here is caring and praying for you.I will go to light a candle and have you and all the rest you mentioned in my prayers and in my heart.
God bless you and keep you in His care...
Connie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../

Anonymous said...

Irene...I am so sorry to hear this...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always... So glad you got to have a comforting conversation with your sister...filled with giggles.... Keep the Faith ~ never give up!!!!  We love you too Irene =)

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I will call you again today, so sorry I couldn't speak the other day-will explain.

And. I LOVE YOUR PHOTO!!!!  And do YOU know that your picture frame is missing OUR photo? Huh? Sup wif that?

Will you please call me Monday?-Pretty Please? and let me know the results?
I am SURE They won't let you go a day without knowing
I have some questions so I shall wait to ask you when we speak.
I love you SUPER DUPER MUCHO LOTTAS and can't wait to see you again in December.  Pictures this time please-huh? *biggest tightest hug EVER*

Your RED~
I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Coming your way by Guido.  You will be in my Prayers.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

{{{{ Irene }}}}  Well, you look good!  I am glad you had a nice giggle chat... I am sending prayers and waiting for more info...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, John always says attitude IS half the battle.  Hang in there.  Do more than hang in there.  Live life!  As best you can.  Love you girlie,

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Bringing Special Thoughts via Guido....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Good Lord our cancer updates almost mirror eachothers! I'm off to read more about you!

Kimberleigh

Anonymous said...

Down here we say "it ain't over 'til it's over."  Remember, no one can number your days except our loving Lord.  May His presence surround you.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Your doctor's right.  Attitude is half the battle.  Treatment can be surprisingly effective too.  Keep fighting.  Take care.  

John

Anonymous said...

Everyone said that about me being so positive when I was having my chemo and radiotherapy.  And do you know if your happy and you show it it has a knock on effect on others surrounding you.  That way everyone is upbeat even though its a scary time.
I bet your tummy muscles are sore now from all that giggling and laughing.  Lol!
I hope and pray for your remission from your cancer.  I truly do.
God Bless you.

Jeanie xxxx

Anonymous said...

It must be hard to keep upbeat, but I'm sure attitude does have so much to do with a happy outcome!  Take care!
Lori