Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just A Matter Of Time

Last night, the fall air was almost more than I could take! As much as I love this weather - I had to close my bedroom windows.  I even brewed some tea to take the chill off.  I cannot believe it's almost November.  Time seems to be flying by so quickly.  I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving with my family!

The transition back to South Carolina is always difficult for me.  I feel a little "blue" and not busy enough.  Especially compared to how busy I was in DC.  I know I have to figure "this one" out....so I started figuring. :)  I organized some  of my"stuff" and put some of my other "stuff" aside for the neighborhood yard sale on Saturday.  I dusted.  I alphabetized my cd's.  Ohhh this is beginning to sound pathetic!!!! I also decided to start making my Christmas cards early.  Of course, I say that every year...and every year I find myself cramming to get them finished and in the mail.

I failed to mention I began writing this while waiting for my test results. The good doc says my head and brain are tumor free. Phew! That's GREAT news.  He also said he isn't sure why the cancer is progressing again at a fast rate  He told me that if doctors had an answer for why...there would be a cure for the disease.  One of the last things he said to me was it's only a matter of time...

I didn't so much care for that sentence.  Even though I knew exactly what he meant and what he was eluding to.

I'd much rather think of that "news" just as my sister said...  "it's a matter of time, God's time."  Therefore, I'm closing this tonight with hope and optimism.  In 2001, my oncologist told me I'd be lucky to see two more years.  When my cancer later metastasized to my lungs, it was less than eight months.  We all know...God isn't quite ready to handle my fury.  :)  So, in God's time it is.    

Please Say Prayers For:

* Nathan he is back at home, continuing to win the battle.* Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence but continues to fight and win the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait wait---I get it---you don't WANT to comment. good one.

Anonymous said...

ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only a matter of time for everybody??

just checking.

Anonymous said...

{{{ Irene }}}  In God's time it will be... And, I hope that you are here enjoying your time as much as you can and as painfree as you can be.  I am glad that your head and brain is clear.  That is good news... more reason for hope if you ask me.

Prayers coming for you...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Irene, I love the words you write. Keep your spirit soaring and you will touch the sky one day.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Keep up your spirit.  Time is limited to all of us.  Keep Busy. Enjoy the holiday with your family.

Anonymous said...

Bit of an insensitive comment, Irene "It's only a matter of time". Time is the only constant in our lives. You know the score, but I would imagine you don't need reminding. Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

We are all on borrowed time...one just never knows...just keep on keeping on as you have been with that wonderful positive outlook and the loving support of family and friends...have a wonderful today...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

My prayers to everyone and lots of prayers for you. I can't believe it's almost November either and the weather still is not bad here in IL.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))That is good new about your brain.I hope you have a nice day and I am prayinf you and for your friends.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, Sweetie, I couldn't read this entry.  I can't read that color.  It is too light for my eyes.  :(

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Good news that it isn't in your brain.  
Lori

Anonymous said...

I alpabetize my CDs too, lol.  I'm thinking about buying a rack to put them into.  I kind of went overboard buying them.  You have such courage and grace Irene.  I have so enjoyed reading your posts.  I hope you settle back into SC and enjoy the Fall weather.  I love this time of year.  God  Bless.

Anonymous said...

I will just say a prayer Irene, I will just say a prayer.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Only a matter of time, God's time....for us all indeed...but for now Irene... Keep the Faith...never lose hope...for only he knows when our time is up.... Big Hugs!

Keeping you in my prayers

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I love you.
You use your time wisely that's for sure.  Do you think we can look into that whale watching idea that you wish to experience with your sister?  I'd love to join you as well!
I can't wait to see you next month.
I cherish our time immensely.
I envy your faith, strength, courage.....
You, my sweet precious ReeKnee are amazing.
Thank you for updating us all on your status.
Chat soon? =)
xoxoxox
Your ~RED~