Friday, October 12, 2007

Dear God,

Thank you for allowing me another day.
Thank you for welcomed exhaustion from a busy day.
Thank you for family bedtime prayers.
Thank you for the chance to start over with someone I love and equally as important...teaching me truth and forgiveness.
Thank you for music and allowing me a song and a voice and the moments to share it with the "little" ones I love and adore.
Thank you for testing my patience and reminding  me that it isn't always about me, even though I'd like it to be.
Thank you for the banter of small voices outside my bedroom door and for allowing kisses to make it all better.
Thank you for my sister and all of my family and friends.
Thank you again for reminding me it is all small stuff and even when it is REALLY BIG STUFF...I can continue to climb the hill with hope and a whole bunch of faith and prayers.
Thank you for hearing prayers and for answering them too.
Thank you for the gorgeous pink sunset and for the cool Autumn breeze.
Thank you for safe travels and familiar voices.
Thank you for comfortable silence and for moments of awe.
Thank you for laughter and tears and every emotion that "tells" me I am living life as I should be.
Thank you for allowing me to use cancer as my gift and for the lessons to teach others about tragedy too.
I promise to "keep on, keeping on"...as long as you'd like to have me here.   :)


*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission), Krissy's husband, John, Jeannette and Ms Margie. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Brenda.

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq fighting the war.

 *** Please say prayers for Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Very well put, sweetie! I pray your days and nights are seeming more comfortable and easy for you! I pray you are gettin the rest you need along with all those things you mentioned. I've been waitin for another post from you...I just happened to check for one tonight...go figure...here you are! LOL! You are an amazing woman, Irene! Stay strong, girlfriend!

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Just remember thate is a lot of love coming your way.  Keep it going. Aunt Tania

Anonymous said...

{{{ Irene }}}} Glad you are keeping on and thankful.  I am amazed at you and your strength.  Thank you for sharing your life with us.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being the most incredible woman I know.
Thank you for the golden heart you have been so blessed with.
Thank you for the love.
Thank you for having such great strength allowing others we can make it up that mountain too.
I miss you gazillion cubillion times overl
TONS of love coming your way
~RED~

Anonymous said...

Irene, you are truly inspirational.  You are one incredible woman.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Thank you God, for letting me meet someone like you.  You're cool beans! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words of wisdom..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Amen, Irene, amen. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

God Bless:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter.

Anonymous said...

Dear God,
Thank you for bringing Irene into my life and for the inspiration she is to all of us.
Amen
Love & Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting such a long time
For a love that's real to come my way
Gonna take some getting used to
Now that love is here to stay

After we make love
I'll be lost in the afterglow
You're all I'm dreaming of
I just can't, I just can't let the feeling go
After we make love
There's no doubt in my mind
I've been touched by
All that heaven and earth will allow
All that matters is right here and now