Monday, December 10, 2007

Let The Festivities Begin!

Oh joy!  I love when the Christmas festivities begin! The Browning Christmas tree went up today...and as I type, the kids are hanging ornaments.  The greatest part about the hanging of the ornaments is listening to Pamela tell the story behind each one.  Who it is from, where it is from, or who made it and at what age.  Even if the kids remember the "stories", they eagerly await to hear my sister tell them again.  We all have favorites, and some not so (Shhhhh I didn't say that). Regardless, we all love this "event". I just overheard the call for eggnog!  We enjoy that almost as much!!!

The weekend wasn't so busy.  Though it was cold.  When I tried to leave the house without a coat and scarf....my sister reminded me that I don't have complaining rights if I don't take care of myself.  So, I wore my coat and stuffed my scarf in my purse.  :)  I'm about the worst at following doctor's orders!!

No bowling on Sunday with the man.  He was having some back pain issues and I was tossing cookies.  I'm not sure what from...ohhhh that's right I have cancer.  :)  He handled it much better than I thought...and well I cried like I normally do.

Aunt Barb bought me flannel jammies, an electric blankie and some cool shoes yesterday.  She also made some baked ziti that we all enjoyed. We finished the night watching another gut wrenching Extreme Home Makeovers.  With us ladies....not a dry eye.  

Nativity scenes are put out, ornaments are up and the egg nog is yummy.  Life is good.

Please go to the following web site and check out my friend, Nathan's journal.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nathanormsby He's such an inspiration and a brave little guy!  We can all learn a little something from his endurance, and love for life.

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!



     





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing as we put up our ornaments!  I am so sorry that you missed bowling and were sick to your stomach!  Sending you prayers and hugs... Enjoy your Christmas with the family!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

You have such a good attitude about life and continue to inspire me.

Isn't Christmas fun?  I still have to get my tree up.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink