Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

My sister told the kids no one was to be downstairs before 7:00 am to open presents....and if someone was, they had to start coffee and make breakfast. About 6:58 am Sarah was coming unglued.  She was banging on my door to wake up.  She didn't know I had been awake since about 6:15 am.  Yes, the festivities started early, but who can complain!  Seeing the kids faces after unwrapping each surprise was so absolutely amazing and worth waiting for.  Yes, I will load pictures...eventually.

For those of you that know me well, and for those of you that have read the "About Me" section on the left hand side of my entries.  This will excite you.  Probably not nearly as much as me...but here goes.  My sister and brother in law are taking me to go whale watching!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness, you have no clue how excited I was when I opened that envelope.  Yep, I cried.  I assure you, for most of the day I've been singing "I'm going whale watching.  I'm going whale watching"!  I am fascinated by the big ole creatures.  Did I say I was thrilled about this??  Ha ha.

I hope Christmas brought you as much joy as it did for me.  I hope you've counted your blessings and taken the time to be grateful for family, friends, a home cooked meal, a place to rest your head and of course the belief in miracles.  Merry Christmas!!!!

I sure do love y'all.

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an awesome Christmas!  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL gift!!!  I am so excited for you!  

Thank you for sharing your Christmas day ~ I'm glad it was a very special and memorable time for you all!

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Whale watching?  That sounds so perfect!  Enjoy!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Irene, I feel the Christmas blessings you have received through the love and joy in your heart. You would be the one who captures my four old grandsons heart, he has a passion for all the beauty of the oceans and seas. The great white shark is his favorite to show us in his books or online but the whales are a very close second. I am so happy for you that you get to go whale watching and that you are blessed with a loving family.
Love & Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Rene!  I can only imagine the excitement and fun on Christmas morning.  My girls were up for 3 days ahead of Christmas, every morning with the continued countdown!  Grace, my oldest, is surely me!  She finally fell asleep on Christmas Day after presents!  Please send me your phone number via e-mail so we can try to get together!  Say hello to Pam!  Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Christmas was had by all, Irene

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your gift!!!  Aren't whales just amazing!!!!  Yay!  I am glad to hear your Christmas was merry for all.  You are in my prayers...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

just found your blog minutes ago!  I will go back and read other entries!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! on the Whale Watching! I know that has been a dream of yours for some time. Gotcha beat on the early Christmas though, Ashley was up at 2:30!!!

Anonymous said...

I love whales. And I have always wanted to go see them. Take lots of pics ok. (((((hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled you are going whale watching!  My husband is infatuated with whales.  He went whale watching once.  You will love it!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

How awesome...that would be exciting!!!

When you do take plenty pics...so happy for you!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

OMGosh what an awesome gift! WHALE WATCHING!
I think we have discussed this before but this is on my own list of things to do.
WOW I'm super duper jealous..LOL

I love you and miss you terribly.
I hope to see you February as I know this past visit was busy with the Holidays and Family.