Friday, December 14, 2007

Still Not Going Anywhere...

We played a board game tonight at the Browning's house, instead of watching a movie for family night.  Trust me when I tell you...this board game only proved (yet again) God isn't ready to take me "home".

http://thesurvivormovie.com


Check out that link please.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks for coming back here and welcome to all the newcomers and "lurkers" for your comments and prayers.  Sure do love y'all.

Hair cut tomorrow.  Bedtime now.

**** Special prayers for my Momma who had an allergic reaction to "something" and is recovering from a billion hives and some very potent medicine.  WE LOVE YOU LOLA!!!

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...  Irene!  You are so sweet to add me to your prayers list!  I am truly honored and blessed!  I couldn't get thru to your link... I will try again later!  Dang Aol!  Sounds like you must have had some fun tonight!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene, I loved the movie, well dang if I am holding back the tears.  Not that it made me sad, but b/c somebody understands!  I am going to show it to John tomorrow, he will really appreciate it.  I emailed it to him and to my sissy.  I also signed up for the newsletter.  I am trying to think of all my friends who have cancer, that may want me to mail that link to them, so they can see the movie also.  
So you asked what I thought about the movie?  It was great.  B/c right now John is going thru trying to heal from some things.  First let me say that he is trying to learn some life lessons from hi cancer. And that is what the movie mentioned.  He is also wanting to believe there is a purpose for his cancer.  And he does, really.  And the movie says so.  That is comforting.  He is also trying to heal.  He has gone thru so much and he just needs to heal emotionally also.  Finally, the movie brings real hope.  For all these reasons, it is great.
I hope that makes sense!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink    

Anonymous said...

I tried the link it wouldn't work for me either..for some reason.

I'm thinking about getting a haircut this week also..I need it badly...

Hope you have a great weekend

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a good da.

Anonymous said...

Irene, thank you for sharing the link with us. It is absolutely beautiful and brought me to tears. You are such and inspiration to all us. I am truly blessed because God lead me to your journal. I love you and thank you for being you and all you have given to me through your journey.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Rene ~ I watched the movie and posted the link on the Red Hat

One of the Cancer survivors posted the following:

Cancer is so limited....

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Author ~ Unknown




Anonymous said...

Hey stranger
Where ya been?  Board games?  Good heavens they still make those? LOL
Trivial Pursuit is a fun one, do you like that?  I only like the ones that I know the answers to so I have a chance at winning..LMAO
I miss you and love you dearly.
Give me a call sometime :)
RED

Anonymous said...

All are in my prayers!  Wishing you a great rest of the week.  Hugs,TerryAnn