Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Flicking Boogers

DISCLAIMER: I did not title this entry, nor will I explain it!!!

Have you ever tried to explain the definition of "rubber necking" to a kid??  Just curious.  Ha ha!!

I had forgotten how unbelievably pleasant people (please read this knowing my sarcasm) are in Mo County.  Especially, during the holiday season.  Good golly Miss Molly.  I'm certainly not in South Carolina!!  I actually had a woman bang on the windshield of my car, while I was in a parking space.  She asked me to move my vehicle, so she could fit into her car with all her packages.  Now, I wasn't opposed to moving my car.  However, I was in between the lines...and damn, couldn't she have knocked on my window and asked nicely??!!!  Apparently, I didn't move quickly enough for her.  She sort of threw her door open dramatically and climbed into her car as if she was suffocating.  I couldn't help but laugh....oh and I wished her a Merry Christmas of course!

I've finished all my shopping and decided to start wrapping gifts today.  Ellie and I were alone when I started.  My sister should have warned me though....Ellie is going to tell all before Christmas gets here!  She's worse at keeping secrets, than I am!  You can see, it is itching inside of her to tell everyone what their getting from Aunt Rene. 

Bowling hasn't been going well for the beau.  He's thinking about hanging those bowling shoes up.  His behavior is actually very comical when he isn't doing well. I have to cover my face, so he doesn't see me chuckling.  I'm thankful ( as he is too) that the league is off for the next three weeks.  I think the break is going to be good for him.

Sunday it was unbelievably cold and windy. I met The Browning Five and Tita and Uncle Al at Tyson's Corner for a late lunch and a movie.  OK, it was such a late lunch....ummmmmm I missedit!  Ha ha.  We saw Alvin and The Chipmunk's. It provided all the kids with great laughs...and that's so contagious, I couldn't help but laugh too.

Did I mention that my haircut looks great??!! Even though, I was asked to grow it out long...seriously I couldn't stand it anymore and butchered the back again.  I wasn't made for long hair.  I don't have that kind of patience. Sorry Stephen!!  :)

Other Stuff:
Stephen and I had Italian subs from Twinbrook deli, again.
I've been given the privilege of blow drying Sarah's beautiful long hair after shower time.
Daniel gave me the biggest hug tonight and I couldn't help but think...life doesn't get any better.
Mom and Dad are still waiting for the new house to pass inspection.
I've been wearing a coat and scarf!!!
I still have a nasty cough.
Momma Joyce is having surgery for skin cancer.
Dinner with Michelle and Michael on Friday.
Babysitting the kids on Saturday.
The anniversary of my cancer diagnosis is just around the corner!!

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms <spanclass="correction" id="">Margie</spanclass="correction"> ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it is AOL or what, but this entry is blank!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all kinds of good and happy things are going on for you!  yay!  Enjoy!  Glad Christmas is almost here!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

can we see the haircut??
Merry christmas!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi girly!
Wanted to stop in & leave a few words, let you know I was thinking about you as Christmas approaches.
Lots of hugs your way, & prayers too. :)
Blessings,
Sugar

ps Can't wait to see the new hr cut.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))People can be so rude.I am sorry you had a run in with people like that.Glad ou all got your Christmas shoping done.I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.Oh yeah,my neice was also telling everyone where there Christmas presants was.to funny.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been keeping busy!  I know what you mean about people and their rudeness.  I have to watch myself too that I don't reciprocate.  I think the rudenss is everywhere (unfortunately).  

Anonymous said...

You must have let the kids title this one!