Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Bunch O' Stuff

There's nothing like calling your Momma, who you actually miss to hear her say "I can't talk...we took a DVD from your room and we're watching The Departed"!!!!!  What is that about???  Helllllooooooooo remember me... your "little one"??  Your youngest born???  Hmph!!!

I sat in a plush leather chair yesterday night as I enjoyed dinner and a drink with Michelle at Hamburger Hamlet.  Let me explain about the drink.  Dang it...I can't remember what it was called.  What I can remember, is that after we both drank half the entire restaurant was suddenly extremely warm.  OK, that's a lie.  It was hot.  Does that mean the alcohol was "working"??  I know that answer!!!!  It's sort of funny, sometimes you never realize how much you miss the company of a friend, until you see them again.  I was happy to be sharing time with her, and sad I had not planned it sooner.

I am holding down the Browning household tonight while Pamela and Dave are hanging out with some old friends.   I am happy to "babysit".  Though I don't really like calling it that.  It's a pleasure to have the alone time with the kids....and I got to blow dry hair for both the girls tonight!  I'm blessed! 

Ellie is wearing a night shirt that says "I Make My Own Rules".  At dinner, when she was sharing with everyone what it said...she followed it with "Just like you Aunt Rene".  Now ya know that made me smile! :)

Momma Joyce (Stephen's mother) had successful surgery.  The doctor's said they got all the skin cancer from both sites and there were no areas surrounding with disease.  Phew...Thank God.

A huge CONGRATS to FC (my cousin Rachel) she graduated from Penn State today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holiday time is difficult if you've recently "lost" a loved one or if you  are continuing to grieve the loss of someone.  If you have a friend, colleague or neighbor that is grieving or is alone...please, please reach out to them.  Not just for now, but until they are holding firmly to your hand and have their feet a bit more grounded.  Feeling hopeless and empty is no way for anyone to live! With that said, please say prayers for the Vasquez and Baker families.  Clem will be missed terribly.

Count your blessings tonight and say some grateful's.  Remember life is precious and so are those who surround you.  Don't forget people make mistakes, and forgiveness goes a very long way.  Laugh at yourself.  Eat dessert even when your jeans feel like they are going to bust at the seams and don't forget to call your Mom and Dad simply to say I love you.

Good night my friends. I love y'all.

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like getting out with a good friend.  Glad you've been enjoying yourself.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

It was called a WAA-TINI!  It was good seeing you and spending time with you my friend............I do miss those nights of much needed laughter.  Enjoy life to the fullest............as you always do!

Love you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are having fun with friends and enjoying those kids!  Yay for you!  Have a wonderful blessed holiday!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thanks FC! That's me that graduated!! WOOHOO!!

:-)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your friend!  Congratulations to Rachel on her graduation at PENN State, that is wonderful!  Thanks for the gentle nudge on remembering those that have lost loved ones.  There is a gentleman at work that will be celebrating his first Christmas without his wife.  I will have to get in touch with him and make sure he is doing okay.  He has a great support system in his children, but it never hurts for someone outside that circle to let them know they care too.  God's blessings to you and yours during this season!

Anonymous said...

Have a great Christmas, Irene, and all the best for 2008

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you Irene!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and all of your loved ones!
Love & Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you and your family a merry christmas and saying prayers for everyone. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
Lyn