Friday, December 29, 2006

On The Road Again ~

My oncologist told me all this "living" is going to make me pop like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag.  I told him I wasn't so sure that was a great analogy! 

I ran out of steam Christmas evening. Stick a fork in me. I was done. Pooped. Toast. Down for the count. I got this horrible cough, a sore body, a fun rash, and a fever too!!  I just didn't want to move!

I came back from my brother in law's parent's house. (I have been going to Christmas dinner there since I was 16!!) Crawled into the shower, climbed into bed...and oh yes, you guessed it..... I did not come back out to play until Thursday afternoon. I'm still not fully "recovered" and again my oncologist says to me I just need to high tail it back to South Carolina and get into bed because my immune system just "isn't what it needs to be to fight infections".  Ha ha. He doesn't know me very well!!

Honestly though, it's a three hour count down.  At 10:00 am we are on the road again and starting back to South Carolina. My sister and family will come and celebrate the New Year. They will return back to DC, January 3rd.

I am almost completely packed.  However, I need an extra bag or two.  It must be all the gifts! 

Geez, I hope we still have room for the dog and the kids!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you:-)  I am so sorry that the past month flew by like it was only 1 week but I am so glad that I got to see you and spend time with you while you were here.  I know it's wierd that we haven't been friends for ages but I feel like you have been my friend since I was 5.  Whenever I see you it's like it was just yesterday that we had been together and even though you are miles and miles away down in S.C., it's seems like you are still hear in Germantown!  What can I say?  I am so blessed to have you as my dear friend and I need to thank you for always being so dear to my son......I hope that the southern air fixes up the bad cough and cold and that your doctor doesn't kick you to the moon for "living" while you were here!  I look forward to many more times to come and can't wait till we can work side by side again (this time with candles:-)) and especially sipping drinks with you on an exotic beach in Mexico in May!  I hope that you and your family have a safe and FABULOUS New Year's, please give them all my love and PLEASE make sure you get the well deserved rest in your bed that you need so we can focus on your game plan for the future!!!

I love you my friend!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey there lady!  I am so sorry that we didn't get to meet up this time :-(...hopefully the next time you are in town, it will be easier and not as crazy!  I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time though!

have a wonderful New Year.  We are hosting my parents and Cindy's family to get rid of 2006 and bring in 07!  Frankie was our blessing for 06 and we look forward to many more this year.

Love you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your chistmas with your sister and brother-in-law's family.  Hope the year ahead is going to treat you a lot better and that there will be much improvement.
love
aunt Tania

Anonymous said...

Michelle ~  Way to bring out the tears! But I'm sure you knew that!  Oh how I love to see your name here! Thank you!! Cutie Candle Chic! I did not see you enough or that handsome boy! I am breathing much better....but I hurt my ankle.  Ha ha.  Call me.  I do nothing half ass!!  I love you!!!
THE PRINCESS

Anonymous said...

Amy~
I am so sorry. The game plan was to come see you the day after Christmas because I would already be in Frederick at David's uncle's house.  I was so sick though. I will be back end of March for the Browning Birthday Season.  All the kids have birthdays close together.  I PROMISE!!!!!!!
How was New Year's??
Love you Girlie,
Rene