Saturday, December 2, 2006

Brrrrrrr.......

Mother Nature sure did decide to take it down a few notches!!   Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!!! Of course, my Dad says I'm now thin skinned since moving to the south. But, I'm not so sure about that!!!  It really is cold out there!


I always hear people say when you're faced with adversity or tragedy something inside of you drastically changes. Maybe it's attitude or faith in God....but "something" no doubt. And for me,  that's been extremely true.

Let me explain....

There was a cat in my room around 9:45 am....and it mattered to me! (trust me this will make sense when you are finsihed reading this entire journal entry!!!)

I walked outside today and definitely got a taste of the cold air right away.  It sort of sucked my breathe away.  It wasn't uncomfortable. It was actually a bit welcoming!! Ohhh and the air smelled like that wonderful it's about to snow smell.  I love that smell so much.

And....

My sister, and the girls, and I went shopping.  Elizabeth had her hand wrapped around my pinky while I was pushing the cart. Her delicate little hand.

When we arrived back at the house Daniel had beautiful tulips (pinkish white), that he and my brother in law picked up for "the ladies".  

I know, I know...many of you are thinking SO WHAT!!! What I'm trying to tell you is if you would have caught me at the age of 20....I'm not so sure I would have noticed any of these situations or sentiments.  OK and if I had, I am not certain they would have meant anything to me!!!!!!  

As far as the cat being in my room.  Sarah's cat Faith was missing the previous night.  It was gut wrenching.  We all went to sleep with tears in our eyes and knots in our stomachs not knowing where Ms Faithers had gone.  So when I woke up and opened my door and she scampered into my room. I couldn't have been happier!!  

Years ago if it wasn't about me, it just didn't matter. The kitty mattered!

So much matters now.  Living life with my eyes wide open.  Paying attention to what actually matters.

Life Means So Much.




No comments: