Monday, December 11, 2006

She's A Barbi Girl ~

There are moments in my life that are just perfect.  Moments I'd like to hold onto and capture forever.  Moments that I simply breathe in and think to myself, life does not get any better than this. As I sit here typing this, I am fighting back the tears. I want to share everything about my weekend. Shout it out loud, every detail... no matter how small and trivial it MAY seem... so you will understand how precious the time is we have, how important our loved ones are, and how quickly the moments slip away.

Barb has been my best friend since I was 20.  We've hit some rocky roads along the years, as friendships do.  However, no matter how much time has gone by, we always seem to pick up where we left off. Our motto is "five dollars, a cup a coffee, and you and me".  Meaning...we don't need much when we're together to have a good time.  She's part of that whole "home" thing for me...if you had not figured that out yet!

Barb and I spent most of the weekend together.  It was time together that was much needed.  Saying that I was content, joyful, happy....UNDERSTATEMENT.  She just makes it easy to be me.  I can talk about the cancer and she doesn't get freaked out. I can cry and she doesn't feel like she has to say a dozen things to "fix" me. She knows when I'm pushing myself too hard and asks me if I should start taking it easy.  I love that!!!!

So...we went to a candle party, we did some shopping, we had some latte's and some wonderful cinnaminny pastry things, I visited with her Dad for a while, we listened to some terrible Christmas music that she loaded on her ipod (all the songs were making fun of REAL Christmas tunes), we blasted the heat in her truck and we laughed and talked about old times, we went to a few different restaurants and ate great food, and we spent Saturday night in serious STYLE....Karaoke and tossing back shooters with obscene names until last call!  ;)  I think our cab driver would have happily driven us for free if the giggling would have stopped on the ride home!

(My doctor would not be so proud of me right now!!!!)

When we woke up Sunday morning, which I should say required a gallon of coffee. (I normally NEVER even drink coffee). There was still quite a bit of laughter. 
I'm even laughing now.  We decided the next night like that will be same time next year.  We're not quite as young as we used to be.  Well, at least Barbi isn't it.  Ha ha.

OK ~ time to exhale...tomorrow is a new day and I need to make some space to take in the moments!!!!!!!

I love y'all so much.



Hey Barbi ~ thank you for absolutely everything. I love you!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

 You are ever so welcome....we really need to work on a car for you...or even a place to live ...here...in the great state of Muralund.so we can see about not being as young as we used to be.Age is relative, its tolerance that has slipped.
I love you best friend for all you have have done and been for me..and continue to.Does anyone really get 'best friend'?I think very few really do.We are lucky.To have a realtionship of infinite closeness.The Bond The one Soul.We gotta get a hold of a time machine!!!!

Anonymous said...

HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO ~
You really need to stop making me cry!!!!!!!
Got it???????????