Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Princess Takes The Metro, Plays At Houston's, And Does Philadelphia Too ~

I wasn't really thrilled about taking the Metro...and why didn't that guy talk louder so I could hear what stops he was approaching??  All in all, I got on the Metro to Rockville. The "trip" was uneventful and I was able to reconnect with my old friend, Beth  Oh no she isn't old in age!!  I've just known her since we were in diapers.  Matter of fact, we are only ten days apart.  We grew up with only one house in between us.  Our mothers used to sit on the front lawn with a blanket and just watch us play. Like I said, we were able to reconnect after a few years and I was thrilled to see her. Not to mention, meet her adorable son, and quite comical husband!!! 

I was off to Houston's on the Pike after my visit with Beth. (I decided the time spent with her was too short!! Next time, we'll have to make a day of it!) Michelle  planned a little "shin dig" for "the girls".  I could't imagine a better way to spend an evening out! Me and "my girls".  Oh and Ronny! (Ronny always has an invite extended to him...and ONLY seems to show face when he knows he's going to be the only gentleman present!!!)  Houston's isn't very PATRON FRIENDLY by the way.  So we won't EVER be going back there.  However, Barbie, Heather, Michelle, and I....Ohhh and again Ronnny had great food, talked about old times, and laughed loudly. You can't get any better than that!! Sue joined us half way through dinner.  I love Sue Bee!!  She's one of the nurses from my office.  Seeing her was like having a breathe of fresh air, a hundred times over.  THAT was long over due!!  Our "party" later moved itself to TGIFridays, where Jose was much more accomadating.  He even carded me!!  I could have kissed him! We had a few festive drinks, but called it an early evening (for us anyway). Our RING LEADER (Barb) had to work at 7:00 am, Michelle still had to get me back to the base, and I was Philly bound come morning.

Philadelphia here we come! My cousins Rachel and Jesse were fortunate enough to be born on the same day.  How my cousin Marsha managed that, I don't know.  But, she did it.  We went to Philly to celebrate their 15th and 21st birthdays and to visit with the relatives too!  Traffic was miserable.  We were in the car for four hours. It was a beautiful day though, and once we unloadedand got settled....who could complain!! The time spent with my family was amazing. There were moments of uncontrolled belly laughter where I thought I was going to fall over.  Irreplaceable! I always wonder why we didn't take the time to have more of these moments while we were growing up...but I don't suppose it matters now.  It only matters that we are taking advantage of the time we have together now.  I love that!

We left Philly around 8:30 pm.  Somwhere around 10:00 pm my tummy was telling me I wasn't very happy.  I suppose it was all that good food my aunt served us!!! (Damn, that chopped liver!!!)  Plastic bag in hand, window opened.....I heard my oldest niece tell the other two kids something about Aunt Rene isn't feeling well.  It really wasn't the words she was saying so much as the tone she said it in that caught my attention. It made me realize she actually GRASPS what is going on with my cancer.  THAT was painful.  It made me cry. Sigh.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. It is also something far greater than that.  However, you have to "stay tuned" if you want to know what!!

If I get my angel wings tonight and I don't see you tomorrow....meet me at the breakfast table, ok??

I love y'all so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Eve, Rene!  I know you will for sure enjoy all of the incredible time with you babies tomorrow.  The excitement is contagious and I for one, can't wait for the magic to continue!

Can't wait to see and play this week!  I know it will be  a great time!

Lots of love.  Merry Christmas.

peace
amy