Saturday, December 9, 2006

Present And Accounted For!

I'm here! Or I guess I should say I'm back!  Did you miss me?  Phew!!  I am tired!  Let me tell you...there's been some serious "festivities" going on over here!!  It's been a blast!  There were even a few flurries here last night.  The kids were so excited they put on all their new winter "gear" running outside awaiting the first "storm!  You should know, they have never lived anywhere where they have seen snow....so this will be a HUGE first for them.  Does that explain their excitement??!!!!!!

Pamela and David are away for this weekend.  The kids are with their grandparents.  I spent most of the evening out. No juicy details.  Ohhhh.....there are some....I'm just not telling!!!  Ha ha ha.

Originally, I was going to title this entry "A Few Of My Favorite Things".  However, narrowing "it" down to only a few would be near impossible.  Especially since, the last few days were just overwhelming with happiness. So here goes.

Favorites:
 * children singing christmas songs
 * snow flurries
 * belly laughter
 * full moons
 * pink sunsets
 * hot chocolate & oreos
 * hot tea
 * beautiful horses (and a beautiful niece who rides them!!)
 * dancing just because
 * fuzzy socks
 * saying a prayer before dinner
 * kitchen "duty"
 * taking a nap
 * smell good candles
 * being back in familiar territory
 * being with your closest friends
 

Now, other than a little "incident" that happened after eating at Red Robin on Wednesday.  My tummy has been feeling mighty happy.  Speaking of the incident... tossing cookies at a Wal Mart is no fun. I'll spare you those details too!  :)

This is an email I recieved earlier in the week....

I'm sitting here with my girl scout troop having the time of my life. There are 5 girls at my stamping table painting t-shirts and singing Christmas carols. One of the girls shouted "Who wants to be a girl scout leader when they grow up?" and they all answered with a resounding "Yes!" I can tell you are having fun up there because you aren't journaling as much - they must be wearing you out! I miss you and I keep thinking about your offer to help with the girls and wish you could be here to share their joy. Keep having fun and making memories - they are truly the only things that last a lifetime!

I have the kindest souls in my life!  Can't wait to see you when I get back Julie!!

I need to tuck in now.  It's late and I have a full weekend planned!!!!!

I love y'all so very much! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


 
 

No comments: