Sunday, January 20, 2008

Whatta Weekend

Uncle Gravy and Dad battled over the dinner tab Friday night.  Big surprise!  Dad won.  Uncle Gravy paid the time after.  This is a never ending "argument" between Felkoff and Friedman!!  Gotta love it!

Uncle Gravy and Aunt Arlene (Uncle Gravy's sister) arrived Friday afternoon, on their drive back from Florida.  It was wonderful!!!!!!  It's never quite enough time together though!

Saturday, the weather was yucky.  Just cold and icy.  I wasn't feeling great BUT there was a Girl Scout outting, so ya know I couldn't miss it!  We went to an assisted living complex to play bingo.  Well actually, to help play bingo.  It was such a blessing.  You could tell the folks were touched, and really enjoyed us.  It was very humbling.  I hope for the girls it was too.  It's amazing how something so simple can touch someone else.  Even if it is a touch on the hand.

             

I took the picture (sorry it was with my camera phone) above when I was leaving the new house today.  Is that hilarious????????????????  Do you see any snow or ice on the grass??!!!!  Oh my goodness.  People here just freak out if the weather calls for snow or ice.  It is comical!!!!! (DO you think they know there is a spelling error???!!)

There was an open house at the old house today.  So, we spent time at the new house.  It was cozy and extremely pleasant.  Even the doggie enjoyed the sun that was shinning in through the windows.  Oh how couldn't she!!  Don't ya love falling asleep or sitting in a ray of sunshine ??!!!

I'm done for the night.  I'm exhausted and my cough is irritating me....STILL! I'm going to finish watching the game and tuck into my snuggly bed.  I hope the weekend was good to you, and you are counting all your blessings.  Travel safely Uncle Gravy!!!

I love y'all.

 

Please say prayers for: Chris Read *Nathan *Cassie and family*Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill and her mom, Pam*Lisa and her family *Ms Bobby * Mr. Russo*Ms Pammy *Cindy*Tammy*Momma Joyce*MsMargie*Krissy's husband,John*Trish*Sugar*Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene*Jay Carey and his family.*Frances and her son, Matthew. 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great week...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hello my love..........for once, be thankful you aren't here in the frozen tundra!!!  Miss and love you lots:-)  

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It has been cold and icky here too.  What a great thing you are doing with the girl scouts. I am sure the old folks love the company! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Trish

Anonymous said...

stay warm and have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

You didn't get a chance to meet my friend who naps in the sunshine on Saturday. Probably because he was napping!!

Anonymous said...

We needed that sign up HERE!  But perhaps spelled correctly?
I didn't think y'all got ice and snow.  HA!  I learned something new.
Hugs and Love from up North.
xoxo