Tuesday, January 29, 2008

News For The Day

                                  

Thank you to everyone that sent me emails regarding my pain meds.  I GREATLY appreciate it!  I saw another oncologist today (mine was not in the office) who was fabulous. For now, I am going to switch pain meds, and if those do not "cut it" for me.  WE will revaluate and than decide what to do next.  My blood work came back showing poor kidney function.  Not great news considering the possibility that the cancer might have spread.  I had more blood taken for a serum creatinine test. This will show if I am in kidney failure.  Thursday I'll have a full body scan and an abdominal ultrasound to look at my kidneys.  Fun, fun, fun!

I was fortunate enough to recieve a phone call from a friend of mine in Maryland who asked me if another friend of mine had moved closer to where he lives.  I responded yes, he then tells me he thinks he is shopping right next to her.  Long story short, he makes certain it is her, gives her his cell phone so I can say hello...and ALAS we have "found" each other after five years!  I cannot even begin to tell you haw grateful I am.  We have much catching up to do. We've already started by exchanging pictures and "stories".  Let me tell ya, five years makes a huge difference in growing kids.  Her girls are teenagers now.  Her oldest will have a driver's license soon!  YIKES.  I'm old.  Ha ha.  :) 

American Idol will be on soon...and well I'm an American Idol junkie so I gotta go!  Don't forget to count your blessings and the crossroads you come upon.Sometimes all it takes is a baby step forward to make a huge difference in your life. "G", I am very proud of you!!

I sure do love y'all!

 

Please say prayers for: Dawn Brown*Sherry and family, Chris Read *Nathan *Cassie and family*Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill and her mom, Pam*Lisa and her family *Ms Bobby * Mr. Russo*Ms Pammy *Cindy*Tammy*Momma Joyce*MsMargie*Krissy's husband,John*Trish*Sugar*Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene*Jay Carey and his family.*Frances and her son, Matthew. 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!  Thanks for always spreading your great spirit and cheer even when you maybe weren't given the results that you were hoping to hear...........you know we have a long battle still left my friend....and your #1 cheerleader is right here!!!!!  

Miss you dearly,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to check on you.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hope all turns out well with your tests..AI seems to be lacking in talent this year but we won't really know till all the auditions are over i suppose...
How neat you found your friend
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Am pleased things got reviewed, Irene. Hope your kidney failure, if that's what it turns out to be, is not as severe.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers!

I love American Idol too =)

Hugs
Terri