Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Both my Aunt Tania and Uncle Don (THANK YOU!!!) sent me the link for that clinical trial I've been talking about.  I'm not certain I will qualify for it.  Actually, I don't think I will.  However, I am going to email the doctor with my questions and take it from there. 

For those of you that don't know...I decided to stop treatment, quite some time ago.  I wasn't giving up on my fight.  I simply wanted the quality of my life back.  Chemo was brutal and it took a huge toll on me in every aspect. There are days I don't even remember Mom coming over to feed me and do the "chores" around my house.  I figured if I was going to die...I was dying while enjoying my life.  Not with my head in the toilet.   Not such a bad decision considering I'm still alive!!!!!!!  :)

Hello and welcome to my new readers and friends!  I appreciate all the comments!  Thank you for taking the time to share my journey with me. If you have a journal, PLEASE send me the link so I can add it to mine.  :)
 
Mom and I sat in the kitchen and talked for awhile yesterday night.  We may not always see eye to eye on everything.  We may argue every so often BUT my Momma is the best.  We have this amazing "say anything" relationship.  I am grateful for that and her.  Trust me when I tell you, (and she could tell you too!) there was a time when we couldn't talk about anything without it being a knock down, drag out battle.  Thank God for growing up and for change.
 
I heard my niece did awesomeat her riding competition today and that my nephew rocked at his gymnastics meet.  I'll give y'all details after I talk to my sister tomorrow.  Again, I am such a proud aunt.
 
Five gratefuls for the day:
1) A warm blanket to snuggle with.
2) Hearing "I love you".
3) Music
4) The washing machine.
5)  My doggie.
 
I'm going to finish this up now.  Meds have long since kicked in and I am totally loopy.  Count your blessing before you tuck in and don't forget I love y'all.
 

Please say prayers for: *Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan. *Julie and Jon.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say HI!
Wishing you a good week. ;)
Smooches,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I knew I would find your entry this morning!!!  Sounds like you had a good weekend!!  And so did the kids!  Awesome!  Your mom sounds like mine... we are the same now, and before!  LOL  

Prayers and hugs, honey!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))Sounds like things are going good with you and the kids.I hope you have a good week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Well let me try this again, lol, I lost the page for some reason!  I am glad you have such a good relationship with mom.  I have two daughters (ages 21 and 18) and there have been times when the communication needed work, but we always manage to come around because of the love that connects us.  I am including a link to my journal and think you'll like today's Special Entry.  Hopefully, it will bring a smile and giggle your way.... :-)   http://journals.aol.com/ab45yui/tnt/

Anonymous said...

So, Are we in the new house yet???  Can't wait to hear about the trial!  Tell mom & dad hello.........miss you!  

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene!  Just dropping in to say hello.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Love the five!!
Lyn