Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Quickie

"In the middle of a crisis, stop and say thank you because you must believe on the other side awaits your lesson..."

I don't know where that quote came from, but I love it.  It is so very true!

I took some Benadryl tonight on top of my anti nausea stuff.  I have hives everywhere, from who kows what.  If it seems like I am a bit incoherent, well I am.  Ha ha ha.

My room is a disaster and what seemed like it should have only taken me a day to pack, is taking me close to three.  I'm sure it doesn't help that I tend to be a little lazy sometimes!  Hey, if you can't say it about yourself...someone else is going to call ya out on it!!!  :)  I am seriously going to try to finish tomorrow.

I had a Girl Scout meeting tonight.  Ohhh I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'm going to keep saying it BUT I love those girlies!!!!!!!!!  Cookie sales start soon, so if ya want a few boxes let me know!  Hint...hint....

 

My father told me about a clinical trial in New York, for cancer patients.  Uncle Don told him about it.  I have to get the details before I'll consider anything.  I am anxious to hear about it though.

I have to go now.  My eyes are refusing to stay open.  I love y'all.

Please say prayers for: *Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan. *Julie and Jon.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep... I hope tomorrow you have no hives!  Maybe it was from dust with the packing?  Or boxes?  I hope the trial sounds good for you... Sloan has amazing things going on...  Prayers as always for you!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

will keep all in my prayers as well as you and your hives...Hope if nothing else the Benadryl will knock you out and you can rest..hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Irene, are you considering the kind of trial where you would not know if you were in the group who got the medication (or chemo or whatever) OR a placebo?  Just wondering.  John was going to be in one of those trials for his first cancer, and didn't know if he would be chosen for the placebo group.  So he found out he could get the trial chemo without being in the trial (which means he could be sure to get the good treatment while making sure he didn't get the placebo).  In other words, he was effectively in the trial, but w/o having to worry about being in a placebo group!  Hope this makes sense.  Just something to check into, Honey.  If this makes no sense, you can email me, or email john at johneknox@aol.com  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I like the quote.It is very true.I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

my daughter is in girl scouts and gets to start her cookie sales tomorrow! when her older sister was in girl scouts she sould the most in her troop! we went out on super ball sunday!  :)

~~Happy New Year~~

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor's pick, Irene!


Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

What disappoints me about Girl Scout Cookies is the fact that you can only get them ONCE A YEAR!

What happens if in the middle of August I'd like a frozen Thin Mint?  What's a girl to do?  My neice already has her selling sheet and I've got $35 I gotta come up with to give her. (She ALWAYS hits me up first because she knows I will order almost a dozen cookies).

Truthfully Thin Mints are the bestestestestest cookie ever made.


I think I might just have to order a case myself, remove them from the box so I don't hog the freezer just so I can enjoy a Thin Mint cookie in the heat of August.

*laughing*
I haven't read the latest entries so I am working bottom up so I too would be greatly interested in this Cancer study.
I sure wish my body wasn't in the shape it's in because I REALLY want to do the Breast Cancer walk.  The Susan B Komen I believe is her name.  That would be a great accomplishment to get a group of ladies and walk for three days.  Not to mention we would all walk, talk, cry, laugh and have a grand time.  Perhaps there is a walk that is much shorter and we can do it.  Wanna find out?  I mean obviously we would get you an electronic scooter but I wouldn't know who or where to find such an event.  I'd be doing this all for you my dear sweet love, and best friend.  
The next time you are up here let's get together please? Or at least talk on the phone.
Love you
oxoxox
RED