Thursday, January 17, 2008

Boxes, Cookies and a Lesson

I went into the garage earlier today, (we're still in the old house) to get a bottle of ginger ale.  I chuckled noticing how many boxes remain there.  These boxes aren't packed for this upcoming move.  They are STILL packed from the transition from Maryland to South Carolina.  WE knew we wouldn't be in this house forever, so we didn't unpack completely.  Now, speaking for myself when I arrived in South Carolina I unpacked my computer, some books, my entire angel collection and all my beauty and toiletry items.  There are still at least 15 boxes in the garage labeled and taped that are mine.  That stuff has  been sitting in there for two years and I haven't wanted or needed any of it.  Is there a lesson in there somewhere??  Something about the simplicity of life and what's really important.  Sure, in many of those boxes are things I've wanted, gifts, trinkets etc.  But nothing that makes or breaks me.  Nothing I've even wondered about. Isn't it amazing how much worth we often put into the materialistic possessions in our lives??  When really our true worth as people should be the love and generosity we give selflessly, the relationships we share, the lessons we've learned and the gratitude we show God...and not necessarily in that order!!?? I can't lie.  I'm eager to unpack all of my boxes.  I'm just grateful that I don't have to break down the boxes and rip off all the tape (again) to find my true treasures and valuables in life.

If you haven't seen Stranger Than Fiction, watch it.  If you have seen it, and didn't "get it", I implore you to watch it again.  Lastly, eat a home made cookie with a glass of milk.  ok???

I love y'all.

                            

Please say prayers for: Chris Read *Nathan *Cassie and family*Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill and her mom, Pam*Lisa and her family *Ms Bobby * Mr. Russo*Ms Pammy *Cindy*Tammy*Momma Joyce*MsMargie*Krissy's husband,John*Trish*Sugar*Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene*Jay Carey and his family.*Frances and her son, Matthew. 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out the movie!  I never heard of it!  Yes, there is a lesson for all of us there... I keep trying to simplify... it seems to be a never ending battle!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Yes,I also belive there is a lesson if life for all of us.I think I know what you are meaning to say about your boxes.Its like we take so much time and our hard earned mney to buy what we want,but when it comes down to it,many months later,its like you have no use of it,but you still wanted it.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

have a nice weekend..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Pam. I found your link on someone else's journal that I read. This is my first time here and I thought I'd say hi. I have enjoyed what I read. My journal is private...but if you'd like to take a gander, let me know.
Nice to meet you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

What kinda cookies?  Good luck with the move.  That stuff can be so crazy! -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

I'd love a homemade cookie ONLY if it comes from your Dad's famous baking hands!!  
Whew wee sure could go for some of his baking!  
You lucky duck! heeheehee!
Have not seen that movie, will add to Netflix, thank you for the suggestion.
xoxoxo