Monday, January 14, 2008

Main Entry: god·send
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'gäd-"send also 'go d-
Etymology: back-formation from god-sent
: a desirable or needed thing or event that comes unexpectedly

I was called a "godsend" today.  It sort of made me chuckle because if you read that definition above...I'm not exactly that. I do however understand the sentiment behind it. It's quite nice to be held in such high regard.  Even though, I'm just me...because  I assure you, sometimes I am rotten.  BUT, I needed that "boost" today.  I've been feeling somber.

So, what is something godsend to you??  A hot cup of tea from a friend on a cold morning? ? Someone sharing their "space" underneath an umbrella??  A hug from a familiar face after a very long day?

                   

Mom and Dad are at the new house almost everyday "doing"...yes "doing".  There's progress...but we aren't moved yet.  There will be lots of pictures once it happens.  I promise.

We've spent a couple of late evenings watching movies on recommendation from my favorite movie critic, Stephen.  Swimming With Sharks Swimming with Sharks (1994)   was good.  Yes, it is an older flick.  Spun, I watched alone.  It's a brutal movie about addiction...so if you are looking for laughter and romance...this isn't the film!  In queue, Stranger Than Fiction, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Invincible.

Food hasn't been fun. We keep hoping ginger ale will do the trick!  If only that was the cure!!   Pain hasbeen under control for the most part. I'm taking the oxy exactly as it's being prescribed.  I've been trying to take walks around the block.  Mom asks me if it feels good to get out and walk.  It does, REALLY...even if the tumor in my back nags me.  The coughing is the same.  I've noticed lots of bruising on my legs, thighs, and tummy.  I don't know if it is from the Coumadin or lack of potassium.  I'm going to see the doc this week for blood work to figure it out.

I'm going to close this for now. Thanks for coming here and reading.  I sure do love y'all.

 

Please say prayers for: *Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *Ms Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Lisa and her family *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's been diagnosed with skin cancer. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Mr. Carey and his wife, Irene ~ They are beginning a new battle, his cancer has spread. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan. *Julie and Jon.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to feel appreciated?
Re the bruising, probably due to the coumadin and is a normal side-effect. If your blood is too thin, a test should show that up and your dose may have to be changed.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, and sending you gentle hugs and loving prayers.  I am sure you are a godsend for someone.... that is awesome!  I am happy to have found you out here in the wiles of jland!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

One godsend for me is a smile and a "hello" from a stranger when I know damn well I'm wearing nothing but anger on my face.  Why does that make me smile so instantly?

Russ

Anonymous said...

Godsend - coming through for someone when they least expect it - as if they were sent by God to answer your prayers - an angel sent by God to carry out his plan for you. Yeah that's it. Keeping you in my prayers for ALL your "ailments".

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in prayer and wishing you a good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Ah, but as imperfect as we are, we are still God's favorite vehicle by which to send his good things to others or do minor miracles.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Ok. And you still haven't seen Rent?

Come on now FC....